Imagine you are in a rush and head out the home before you have a chance to set your DVR to record tonight’s episode of Dancing with the Stars. Well technology is here to save the day, especially if you have an iPhone or iPod touch.
DirecTV now offers a free iPhone application that that will all you find any TV show, movie or series on the go and also lets you set your home DVR to record. This can be done wherever you are and it is truly one of the most convenient and useful applications that you will use for your iPhone. This DirecTV iPhone App is free and it is fun and easy to use.
DirecTV iPhone Remote App Features
- You can browse channels or programming by time and date
- The App allows you to look for any show up to 14 days in advance
- All the programming information will be at your fingertips (description, rating and length of show)
- You will have the ability to record one single show/movie, or an entire series
- If you have a Pay Per View movie you want to watch, this can be ordered and recorded
- Record to any DIRECTV DVR in your home
DirecTV iPhone Remote App Requirements
- Your iPhone software needs to be v2.2.1 or higher
- To access the recording functionality, users of the app must have residential home account registered on directv.com to access recording functionality
- The app requires an internet connection to work.
- To get the recording functionality, you are going to need DIRECTV Plus® DVR (models R15, R16, R22), DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24) or TiVo® Series 2 receivers with 6.4a software
This DirecTV iPhone App is pretty snazzy, especially since Forbes rated it as one of the best branded applications.
For those of you who have HBO Go, you will not be able to access it via this iPhone App. You are going to have to use the HBO Go application to access programming.