Double Play is a pretty nifty feature that is offered by DIRECTV, as you are able to essentially watch two programs at the same time.
It seems that a lot of people are having a hard time stopping or cancelling the DIRECTV Double Play feature. It is a pretty easy to do and I will show you in the steps below.
You can turn off Double Play by:
- Turning off the receiver and keep it off in standby mode for 5 minutes
- Turn the receiver back on and Double Play will be off
- If you want to get back into the Double Play feature, just press the down button
Double Play will turn off Via These Other Methods
- If the feature is not used for 2 hours
- If you decide to run a system test
- There is a recording conflict in the schedule